Forever Spiceworld: Spice Girls & The Beckhams

Viva Forever: The Musical

« Older   Newer »
spiceboy88
view post Posted on 16/7/2008, 19:11

http://www.new-magazine.co.uk/posts/view/1...s-the-musical-/

Hot on the heels of the Take That musical Never Forget, I can reveal that the Spice Girls are the latest group to have their hits shoehorned into a stage play.
A mole close to Ginger Spice Geri Halliwell has told me that she loves the idea of the show, but that she “wants it to have a positive message for kids”.

I hear that the girls have been approached with a format and are looking for a backer for the show.

My source added that Geri, 35, doesn’t think the play needs to recount the Spice Girls’ rise to fame to be a success. Which, given Geri’s early days as a topless model, is probably a good thing!

Duda*Posh
view post Posted on 16/7/2008, 19:40

mmm.... :huh: che notiziuola strana...non so cosa pensare!

view post Posted on 21/1/2010, 19:04

Why So Serious?

Group:
Ginger Fan
In a little corner of paradise.. called Stars Hollow!

Anonymous

The British woman who created Mamma Mia! has finally revealed what she is doing for an encore: a Spice Girls musical.

Judy Craymer, who produced both the film and theatre versions of the ABBA musical, today announced a globe-straddling mega-deal with the Spice Girls, their creator Simon Fuller and Universal Music.

It will not be a show about the band who popularised the term "girl power" and sold 75 million records around the world before splitting up and pursuing far less successful solo careers.

Instead, following the Mamma Mia! model, the show will concoct a new story that somehow links together the best of the Spice Girls songbook.

For many readers this may consist of Wannabe (their ubiquitous debut hit) and "the other ones". But for a sizeable minority of young people who were children when the songs came out but will have significant disposable income by the time the show arrives on stage the list of meaningful Spice Girls songs is much longer and includes the likes of Say You'll Be There, 2 Become 1, Mama, Spice Up Your Life and Viva Forever.

With a working title of Viva Forever, the show is expected to have its world premiere in the West End in two or three years' time. No casting decisions have yet been announced.

Ms Craymer said: "I want to create a unique celebration of the band and its music, with its own flavour and joyful message. It is important to me that the excitement, style and humour of the Spice Girls is well represented on stage."

Simon Fuller, whom Billboard Magazine has certified as the most successful British music manager of all time, said: "The girls and I are very excited to be working with Judy Craymer. What Judy has achieved with her all-conquering box office smash hit Mamma Mia! and what the Spice Girls created with their powerful record-breaking mix of 'girl power' and hit songs, has influenced pop culture more than anyone can imagine. Now with this incredible new project Viva Forever we all come together as partners with a combined focus to create something really special for this next decade."

It is too early to judge the project’s artistic merit but its commercial potential is obviously formidable.

The Spice Girls topped the charts all over the world and tickets for their London reunion concert at the O2 in 2007 sold out in 38 seconds. They have received countless awards and accolades, including four Brits, three American Music Awards, three MTV Europe Music Awards, three World Music Awards, and one MTV Video Music Award.

Mamma Mia! has played to a total audience of more than 42 million and has taken over $2 billion (£1.2 billion) in the decade it has been running.

There are currently more productions of Mamma Mia! playing around the world than any other musical; a total of eight productions (three residents, London, Broadway and Mexico; and five tours, International, Dutch, Spanish, US and Australian). Mamma Mia! the Movie is the highest-grossing movie released in the UK and the highest-grossing musical film worldwide.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle6997164.ece

spiceboy88
view post Posted on 21/1/2010, 20:15

se è vero vado personalmente a sputare in faccia a tutte e 5 e hanno definitivamente chiuso con me

MelClà89
view post Posted on 21/1/2010, 20:18

me lo immaginavo ke era un musical, guarda gabry ok un musical nn èun cocnerto ma è piacevolissimo...quindi se si farà t consiglio d andarlo avedere xkè nn è niente male un musical

AdryPoshBoy
view post Posted on 21/1/2010, 21:29

Secondo me un musical sulle Spice sarebbe bellissimo!!! Se poi è dalla stessa creatrice di Mamma Mia, ne verrebbe fuori un film!!
Comunque dicevo, il musical sarebbe bellissimo... però se la "rereunion" era questa... ci sono rimasto un po' deluso...

StrangeAry
view post Posted on 21/1/2010, 21:39

sinceramente non so se mi piace o no questa notizia.
Non mi piace perchè non penso che si mettono a recitare loro in prima persona quindi ci saranno delle galline che cercheranno di imitarle e la cosa non mi va per niente giù....
Di positivo vedo l'idea del musical,perchè adoro questi....ma non lo so non ne sono convinta!

spiceboy88
view post Posted on 21/1/2010, 22:18

che cazzo mi frega a me dei musical cla!! se è questa la reunion possono anche a dare a morire amazzate tutte e 5, la devono smettere di darci questi fiaschi!

MelClà89
view post Posted on 21/1/2010, 22:32

CITAZIONE (spiceboy88 @ 21/1/2010, 22:18)
che cazzo mi frega a me dei musical cla!! se è questa la reunion possono anche a dare a morire amazzate tutte e 5, la devono smettere di darci questi fiaschi!

vabbè certe parole te li puoi anke evitare, capisco la tua rabbia ma nn arrivare a questo punto, ancora nulla è ufficiale, cmq ary saranno loro nn penso ke emttono altre 5 ragazze per il musical xkè sennò nn avrebbe senso

StrangeAry
view post Posted on 21/1/2010, 22:38

ehy ehy ehy ....che succede?!

view post Posted on 21/1/2010, 23:06

Why So Serious?

Group:
Ginger Fan

Anonymous

dai su calmati non fare così, sapevo non postavo nulla! :unsure:

spiceboy88
view post Posted on 21/1/2010, 23:31

no ma figurati non è mica colpa tua
sono 6 mesi che si dice sto fatto del musical e loro negano,
ma ormai è abbastanza sicuro quindi sono solo delle bugiarde U_U

StrangeAry
view post Posted on 21/1/2010, 23:45

CITAZIONE (spiceboy88 @ 21/1/2010, 23:31)
no ma figurati non è mica colpa tua
sono 6 mesi che si dice sto fatto del musical e loro negano,
ma ormai è abbastanza sicuro quindi sono solo delle bugiarde U_U

ma perchè ci credi tanto? Ancora Miss smentire tutto non si è fatta sentire ( melaniec)....quindi io ancora non ci credo!!

view post Posted on 22/1/2010, 12:22

Why So Serious?

Group:
Ginger Fan

Anonymous

ecco la melba ci dice che è ufficiale! ma perchè fin'ora come dice gaby hanno negato tutto?? :(

34 replies since 16/7/2008, 19:11   304 views